The words ‘WeBuyAnyHouse.net,’ ‘we,’ ‘us’, ‘the company’ ‘data controller’, ‘data processor’ and ‘our’ are used to refer to the website owner, GILT INVEST LTD. When we use the term ‘you’, ‘visitors’, ‘individuals’ and ‘users’ we do so referring to any visitor to our website.
We Buy Any House is trading name of GILT INVEST LTD, a company registered in England with number 07872720
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy and GDPR.
You can request to access, rectify, erase, restrict processing or object by visiting our Information Requests page
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
For more information visit ICO Rights for Individuals
Information we collect
Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number (including home and mobile phone numbers)
- Email address
- Country of residence
How We May Collect Personal Information
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the website: We may collect Personal Information through the website, e.g., when you sign up for a valuation.
- Offline We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you contact customer service.
- Online tracking: Because we do not track our website users over time and across third-party websites, we do not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
- Recording telephone calls: We may record telephone calls for staff training purposes and tracking employee performance
The Personal Information you provide through the website may be combined with Personal Information and Other Information that you provide to us (via online or offline means), that is publicly available, or that we may otherwise obtain online or offline.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser and device information
- Server log file information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Location information
- Aggregated information
- Search terms you have used to either find our website or used on our website
- A record of all browsing behaviour including links clicked. This is done via a cookie which is set on your first arrival to our website and the contents of any form you submit to us.
How We May Collect Other Information
We may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, service provider, and the name and version of the website (such as the App) you are using. We use this information for statistical purposes as well as to ensure that the website function properly.
Through server log files:Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the website. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Other Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
Using pixel tags: Using pixel tags and other similar technologies – Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some services to track the actions of users of the Services, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
From you: Information such as date of birth, gender and zip code, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, may be collected when you voluntarily provide this information, online and offline.
Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device.
By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the website, (for example, we may use Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How we use and disclose information
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To verify your identity and ownership of real estate properties
- To market, sell or purchase properties in your ownership
- We may use and process your personal information where you have consented for us to contact you via email, text message, post or telephone with marketing information
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to provide house valuation, conduct activities related to purchasing and marketing your property or to respond to your questions and comments.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding your house purchase, the website and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information may be important to your use of the website, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications.
- to provide you with updates and announcements concerning our services
- for our business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our businesses, market research, audits, enhancing our website, improving our services and products, identifying trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e)to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “How We May Collect Other Information” section above, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your zip code). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
How we store your information
We only store data on our managed secure environment on the territory of the United Kingdom. Your data will never be transmitted outside of the UK, unless you have specifically requested us to do.
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws. We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims, in which case we will retain your personal information after the last occasion on which we have used your personal information
Access to your personal identifiable information may be shared with solicitors, estate agents, case managers, administrative staff, managing directors and other parties who may be involved in the process of marketing, purchasing and selling your property. We would only share your information when necessary, in order to complete paperwork or when legally required to do so.
Access to your other information may be made available to employees on webuyanyhouse.net marketing department, to track success of marketing campaigns and identify traffic trends and website conversions.
webuyanyhouse.net may transfer and disclose information, including information that may or may not personally identify you, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of the company
Reporting Data breach
In the case of a personal data breach, we will notify the supervising authority, in accordance with Article 55 and the affected individuals not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it. Where the notification to the supervisory authority is not made within 72 hours, it shall be accompanied by reasons for the delay.
Withdrawing your consent, requesting, editing and removing your personal and other information from our database
You can withdraw your consent, change, edit, remove or request your personal and other information we have, at any given time. We will process and accommodate to your request in a timely manner, not later than a calendar month, unless we are required to keep your personal information or contact you when we believe in the law requires it; in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of the company.
Contact and Communication
This website and its owners use any information submitted to contact you directly by phone, email or by post, provide you with further information about the services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted, including requesting house valuation and cash offer. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted upon submitting any form or personal and other information.You can withdraw your consent, change or edit your personal and other information at any given time.
This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material and being contacted by phone, email or post. Your details are not sold on to any third parties.
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
You can opt out from using cookies by changing your device or browser settings.
A session cookie for a website only exists whilst the user is reading or navigating the website. When the user closes their web browser these cookies are usually removed.
A persistent cookie for a website exists on a users computer until a future date. For example the cookie expiry date could be set as 1 year, and each time a website is accessed over this period the website could access the cookie.
A secure cookie can only be used via HTTPS. This ensures the cookie data is encrypted, reducing the expose to cookie theft via eavesdropping.
First-party cookies are cookies set with the same domain (or its subdomain) as your browser’s address bar. Third-party cookies are cookies set with domains different from the one shown on the address bar. The web pages on the first domain may feature content from a third-party domain, e.g. an advert run by www.advertexample.com. Privacy setting options in most modern browsers allow you to block third-party tracking cookies.
Remarketing and Personalized ads
We may use personalized ads and remarketing ads in compliance with GDPR and Google Adwords Policies. You can opt out from personalized ads and webuyanyhouse.net remarketing by changing your Personal Google Ads settings here or alternatively, by following the Opt Out Google Guide here.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to; Abnormal Load Escort Wales or Limited Edition Art Prints.)
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
We do not track your online activity and social media profile IDs outside this website. We may display interest based advertisements on social media, use social media tracking pixels and social media conversion pixels. You can opt out from seeing these ads by changing your social media profile settings.
If you have any questions, suggestions or complaints about the processing of your personal information or wish to contact us to amend/update your marketing preferences please contact us directly or use our Information Request Page
Resources & Further Information
- General data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Google Ads Data processing Terms
- Google Ads Controller-Controller Data Protection Terms
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
v.3.5 May 2018 Edited & customised by: GILT INVEST LTD, trading as webuyanyhouse.net STEP Business Centre Worthley Road Deepcar Sheffield S36 2UH