The WebsiteThis website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy and GDPR.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Information we collect
Personal Information We Collect“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number (including home and mobile phone numbers)
- Email address
- Country of residence
How We May Collect Personal InformationWe and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Sites: We may collect Personal Information through the Sites, e.g., when you sign up for a valuation.
- Offline We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you contact customer service.
- Online tracking: Because we do not track our Site users over time and across third-party websites, we do not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
Other Information We May Collect“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser and device information
- Server log file information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Location information
- Aggregated information
- Search terms you have used to either find our website or used on our website
- A record of all browsing behaviour including links clicked. This is done via a cookie which is set on your first arrival to our website and the contents of any form you submit to us.
- Information that will help us contact you in the future like: name, address, phone and email. We will retain all personal information disclosed by you to us, we will not seek to append personal data from external sources.
How we use and disclose information
How We May Use Personal InformationWe may use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to provide house valuation, conduct activities related to purchasing and marketing your property or to respond to your questions and comments.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding your house purchase, the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information may be important to your use of the Sites, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications.
- to provide you with updates and announcements concerning our services
- to re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while,
- for our business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our businesses, market research, audits, enhancing our Sites, improving our services and products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, tailoring the Sites experience and content based on your past activities on the Sites, and gauging customer satisfaction and providing customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with customer issues).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be DisclosedYour Personal Information may be disclosed:
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Sites.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e)to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How We May Use and Disclose Other InformationPlease note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “How We May Collect Other Information” section above, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your zip code). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
How we store your information
We only store data on our managed secure environment on the territory of the United Kingdom. Your data will never be transmitted outside of the UK, unless you have specifically requested us to do. We will only pass on the personal information collected if we have a legal obligation to do so. We will not share your information with any Third Parties. Employees with access to your personal information are the designated case managers, administrative staff and managing directors. Access to your other information may be made available to employees on webuyanyhouse.net marketing department, to track success of marketing campaigns and identify traffic trends and website conversions. webuyanyhouse.net may transfer and disclose information, including information that may or may not personally identify you, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of the company
Withdrawing your consent
At any given time, you have the right to withdraw your consent for us to store and process your information and contact you. We will process your request and and accommodate to it in a timely manner, unless we are required to keep your personal information or contact you when we believe in the law requires it; in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of the company.
Contact and Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk. This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Session cookieA session cookie for a website only exists whilst the user is reading or navigating the website. When the user closes their web browser these cookies are usually removed.
Persistent cookieA persistent cookie for a website exists on a users computer until a future date. For example the cookie expiry date could be set as 1 year, and each time a website is accessed over this period the website could access the cookie.
Secure cookieA secure cookie can only be used via HTTPS. This ensures the cookie data is encrypted, reducing the expose to cookie theft via eavesdropping.
Third-party cookieFirst-party cookies are cookies set with the same domain (or its subdomain) as your browser’s address bar. Third-party cookies are cookies set with domains different from the one shown on the address bar. The web pages on the first domain may feature content from a third-party domain, e.g. an advert run by www.advertexample.com. Privacy setting options in most modern browsers allow you to block third-party tracking cookies.
Remarketing and Personalized ads
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to; Abnormal Load Escort Wales or Limited Edition Art Prints.) The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email. This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Resources & Further Information
- General data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Google Ads Data processing Terms
- Google Ads Controller-Controller Data Protection Terms
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide